Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Software Development Engineer 2
at WEX INC.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 180001CY
WEX Inc. is a leading and growing global provider of payment processing, information management and fleet card payment solutions.
We hire people who share our passion for continuous innovation and client service that is unparalleled in the industry.
If you are looking for a growing career – come be part of WEX today!
The Software Development Engineer plans, designs, develops, and tests software systems or applications for software enhancements and new projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for developing, enhancing, and improving batch job framework for a complex distributed technology platform.
• Responsible for providing high level assessments of related work efforts.
• Responsible for designing, developing, and testing solutions for projects of moderate to high complexity.
• Responsible for building and executing against a detailed development schedule.
• Responsible for contributing to project related artifacts governed by corporate SDLC and ensuring development efforts conform to standards.
• Collaborates with team to research improvements and upgrades that will reduce cost, improve stability, and increase performance.
• Responsible for engaging with production support staff and remediating chronic and/or critical production support issues.
• Responsible for creating/updating system documentation related of related work efforts.
Minimum Required Qualifications for Consideration:
• Minimum 4 year technical/information science degree or applicable work experience
• Minimum 3 years experience with technology
• Expertise with job scheduling software and best practices
• Working knowledge of Java, Web Service, and integration engine triggers via scheduling software
• Working knowledge of unit testing and debugging principles and practices
• Willingness to be challenged and learn new skills, tools, and technologies
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule when engagement with international locations is required
• Experience in working with highly transactional, e-commerce, or finance related industry
• Experience with issue/project tracking software such as Jira
• Experience with source code control integration, such as GIT or Subversion
At WEX, we reward innovation, hard work and excellence.
· 401(k) Plan
· Adoption Assistance
· Bonus Plan
· Dental Insurance
· Dependent Life Insurance
· Employee Assistance Program
· Employee Referral Award Program
· Expedition - WEX's Sabbatical Program
· Extended Parental Leave
· Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent)
· Health Insurance
· Life Insurance/AD&D
· On Site Fitness Facility in South Portland location
· Pet Insurance
· Paid Time Off(PTO)
· Short- and Long-Term Disability Programs
· Tuition Reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disability