T.Y. Lin International Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Traffic Engineer
at T.Y. Lin International Group
- Req No.
- Traffic Engineering
T.Y. Lin International is seeking a Mid-Level to Senior Traffic Engineer with a minimum of 5 years of experience. As a Traffic Engineer in the firm, you will be involved in a variety of traffic engineering tasks, including transportation planning, traffic signal design, intersection design, traffic impact analysis, parking studies, and complete streets projects for public and private sector clients in Maine and New England.
- Understanding of traffic signal operations, and design of traffic signal systems and roadways
- Plan preparation for Traffic Signal, Maintenance & Protection of Traffic, Roadway and Site projects based on applicable design standards for various State, municipal, and private clients in New England
- Traffic analysis and modeling (macro and microscopic modeling)
- Transportation planning, safety engineering, corridor and parking studies
- Preparation of technical specifications and quantity and cost estimates
- Preparation of reports such as Functional Design Reports, Design Exception Reports, Traffic & Parking Studies, etc.
- Performing site visits, signal inspections, and construction observation on an as-needed basis
- Interacting and making presentations to clients, boards and commissions
- Business Development and Marketing Activities is included
- BS degree in Civil Engineering
- Certification –IMSA (International Municipal Signals Association) and PTOE Certifications preferred, but not a requirement to apply
- 5-10 years of previous experience in traffic engineering, transportation planning and design
- Professional registration as a Professional Engineer (P.E.) is preferred, or demonstrated ability secure the same relatively quickly
- Must have a working fluency with Synchro, SimTraffic, AutoCAD, Microsoft Excel and Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D, VISSIM, Sidra and MicroStation is preferred
- Ideal candidates will have a strong educational and technical background and good interpersonal skills.
- Design experience with AutoCAD/MicroStation in the development of construction drawings is preferred.
- Previous project experience utilizing traffic analysis software and preparing traffic studies is required.
- Previous work experience that show self-motivation and the ability to work as a collaborative member of a team will be viewed as beneficial.
- Preferred candidates will also have very good written and verbal communication skills.
T.Y. Lin International is an equal opportunity employer and we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type as protected by federal, state or local laws. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.