Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Marketing / Sales Consultant
at Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc.
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all the major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
At WGME CBS 13/WPFO FOX 23 in Portland, Maine we don’t just respect creativity, we cherish it. Through effective TV and digital advertising you have the power to transform human behavior and help our client’s brands discover the roles in people’s lives. We are currently a seeking enthusiastic, highly motivated Marketing / Sales Consultant to join our award winning sales team! The ideal candidate will possess excellent communication skills, an enthusiastic and passionate personality, have a tenacious yet empathetic attitude, and a drive to succeed.
- Responsible for generating revenue for the station and meeting monthly goals through effective solicitations, promotions and services including telephone, in-person and email communication
- Develop new business through selling commercial advertising time and other station products by contacting advertising agencies and local advertisers
- Professionally formatted and written documents, including emails, are a must
- Contribute to client proposals and other client documentation
- Maintain and build positive customer relationships
- Document all client contact and file all advertisement documentation
- Handle confidential information with discretion
- Initiate, follow-up and conclude assignments accurately and independently
- Assist in the collection of past due accounts
- Create advertising strategies incorporating TV, mobile, online and digital billboard mediums
- Create short and long-term client campaign plans
- Develop advertising concepts and ideas
- Prepare, negotiate and implement client media buys
- Keep current on all of the company’s digital advertising products
- Understand demographic data as it relates to media buys
- General administrative tasks as needed
- Strong desire to be in outside sales
- Strong organizational, written and presentation skills
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to overcome objections and retain a positive attitude
- Working knowledge of new media, digital initiatives and social media required
- Enjoys a fast paced environment with a desire to win
- Professional appearance is a must
- Must have a valid driver’s license, good driving record and your own vehicle
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!