Power Engineers Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Power Engineers Inc
Mapping and Analysis Group
POWER Engineers’ Environmental Division provides planning, permitting, engineering, site assessment and corrective action services to clients worldwide. Across multiple industries, our diverse staff specialize in the areas of air, water, waste, ecological and cultural resources throughout our 45 offices located across the country and internationally.
We are seeking a highly motivated, GIS Technician for temporary employment (approximately four months) in our Freeport, ME office in support of our Environmental Mapping & Analysis Department. The position will provide mapping and analysis support for routing and siting, impact assessment, and analysis for natural gas pipelines and high voltage electric transmission lines.
The selected candidates would join a team of more than 230 environmental professionals across the U.S.
Roles and Responsibilities
The position will provide mapping and analysis support for our core business in routing and siting, impact assessment, and analysis for high voltage electric transmission lines.
The GIS support we provide for projects includes:
- GIS data collection
Typical project types may include:
- Land base development
- Environmental permitting and document support
- Electric and gas transmission
- Transportation (road and air based)
- Urban infrastructure
- Local government
Applicants should be comfortable with public interaction in a public meeting format and may be required to provide legal testimony. Must be a self-starter with the desire and ability to take the lead on a task and possess the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- A Bachelor's degree or higher in GIS; Geography; Landscape Architecture; Planning; Environmental Resource Management; or related field with a specialization in GIS
- Experience with ArcGIS
- Knowledge of relational database systems used in GIS
- Presentation quality cartographic skills (portfolio examples are welcome)
- Excellent oral and written communication with ability to bridge the gap between technical and non-technical staff/management
- Strong general computer skills (troubleshooting/problem solving)
- Proficiency in Windows OS and Microsoft software products
- Two years of experience is preferred
- Consulting experience with linear utility routing and siting projects
- Experience providing GIS analysis for a State and/or Federal environmental process
- Trimble GPS & Processing Software
At POWER Engineers, Inc. you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work you will have a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diverse and unique initiatives and find the support, coaching and training it takes to advance your career. We encourage new ideas and fresh approaches and most importantly, we strive to be our clients’ first choice. These traits—and deep technical skill—account for our success.
As an employee-owned company, we strive to make POWER Engineers an appealing place to work, where we perform projects that we find challenging and in which we excel. We provide competitive compensation, a full benefit package, professional development and an appealing work environment. POWER Engineers is a unique and fun engineering firm, which may be contradictory to some, but it works well for us, and we operate with the philosophy of “have fun, do good work, and make money.”