Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Accounts Payable Specialist
at Nortrax Inc
Summary of Primary Functions:
This position is responsible for handling bookkeeping, clerical, and some administrative work relating to the accounts payable system. Work involves processing, distribution and maintenance of invoices; checking balances and setting up financial records; and financial forms processing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: May include some or all of the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Receives invoices and check requests.
- Sorts and reviews invoices and check requests for proper account codes, object codes, discounts, payment terms and employment status.
- Processes journal vouchers and checks for payment.
- Operates a computer terminal and maintains extensive knowledge of appropriate computerized systems necessary for data entry and retrieval.
- Bills and credits accounts involved with the accounts payable system.
- Sets up and maintains a complex record and filing system of accounts payable vendor files and other financial records including purchase orders and invoices for retrieval or review by purchasing administrators.
- Responds to questions and makes calls regarding billing problems; acts as a liaison between departments and vendors.
- Processes requisitions and prepares purchase orders.
- Operates all office equipment.
- May act as a receptionist and provide clerical support.
- Checks encumbrances, cash disbursements, and inter-departmental transfers for accuracy.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education, Skill, and/or Experience Requirements:
High School graduate required. Degree within an Accounting background with experience in accounting and accounts payable is preferred. Organization and communication skills must be highly developed. Computer skills need to be excellent and broad based and strong customer service skills need to be apparent.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate accounting functions, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit ; stand; and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
This job description does not include a complete listing of all the duties and functions of the position. Management reserves the right to assign other duties or projects as necessary.