Mercy Health System of Maine
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Psych RN - Pediatric Inpatient
at Mercy Health System of Maine
The Psychiatric Registered Nurse is a Registered Nurse with limited experience with the psychiatric patient. A nurse practicing at this level is learning to apply new psychiatric nursing knowledge and skills to patient care situations. The nurse draws on learned facts and rules to organize care and guide practice. As they gain experience, they are increasingly able to modify interventions to meet the individual needs of their patients. They have a beginning understanding of reflective practice. Performs any duties and/or responsibilities assigned by Manger or Supervisor for which qualified.
· Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
· Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner in the community.
· Maintains regulatory requirements, including Joint Commission, Federal and State.
· Complies with all organizational policies regarding EMHS's Code of Conduct and ethical business practices.
· Practices according to the American Nurses Association's Code for Nurses and Standards of Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing.
· Must be licensed as a Registered Professional Nurse currently licensed in Maine or eligible to obtain.
· Must have current BLS certification.
· Completes I-Care Mandatory Education on a yearly basis.
· Attends all mandatory safety related education programs. Follows safety procedures to prevent injury to self and others.
· Carries assigned keys and wears hospital ID badge at all times. Refrains from the abuse of chemicals.
· Visual acuity, color vision, hearing acuity, and tactile sensation are necessary to respond to patient response and requests.
· The ability to read and speak English, to communicate and document information.
· Must possess the manual dexterity and a degree of body strength and flexibility to respond to aggressive patient behavior.
· The ability to reach and stretch intermittently.
· Time may be spent sitting at a computer, collaborating with other healthcare team members.
· Standing and walking comprises some of the workday.