Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Executive Assistant (Temporary Position)
at Martin's Point
Join Martin's Point Health Care - an innovative, not-for-profit health care organization offering care and coverage to the people of Maine and beyond. As a joined force of "people caring for people," Martin's Point employees are on a mission to transform our health care system while creating a healthier community. Martin's Point employees enjoy an organizational culture of trust and respect, where our values - taking care of ourselves and others, continuous learning, helping each other, and having fun - are brought to life every day. Join us and find out for yourself why Martin's Point has been certified as a "Great Place to Work" since 2015.
Position SummaryPlease note: this is a temporary assignment with an anticipated duration of September-March.
The Executive Assistant (EA) partners with a member(s) of the MPHC Executive Management Team to ensure commitments, priorities, and responsibilities are executed on time. Serving as the primary point of contact for their executive; managing their complex calendar, exercising judgment on scheduling their time with internal and external constituents as well as the Martin’s Point Board of Directors. Anticipates and follows through on items to completion. Handles confidential/high priority information with a calm, professional manner, which reflects positively on the executive office. The EA is responsible for meeting preparation. Including but not limited to drafting agendas, ensuring completion of tasks, and follow up on assignments and overall meeting set up is thorough. The EA team works together to assist in communication and organization of The Executive Management Team and their collective projects and priorities.
*Please note: this is a temporary assignment with an anticipated duration of September-March.
- Acts as the primary point of contact by managing and maintaining calendar in Microsoft Outlook, applies understanding of executive and MPHC priorities when scheduling meetings for the executive
- Takes minutes from meetings, identifies action items and schedules reminders for the executive and/or committee
- Coordinates the executive’s meetings including but not limited to; agenda preparation, securing meeting space, anticipating and gathering needed materials, meals, AV.
- Prioritizes and redirects/forwards phone calls; manages call-back list; responds to callers with routine requests, as well as those requiring additional research and investigation
- Prepares travel arrangements and creates detailed itineraries and arrange meetings with outside guests; may also arrange travel for guests
- Organizes and maintains confidential files (electronic and paper) for the Executive
- Manages the Executive’s accessibility and open lines of communication with staff; interfaces with internal and external customers
- Appropriately handles all incoming mail and email for the Executive, including proofreading and editing correspondence, and initiates draft correspondence.
- Meets regularly with Executive to review status of projects; plan key events, meetings and upcoming travel; prioritize open action items. Acts as a "barometer," having a sense of issues taking place in the organization and keeping the executive updated.
- Collaboratively performs research, collects materials, and maintains files which include relevant articles, and other information used by the Executive in communications;
- Provides support and acts as back up for others on the EA team
- Interacts and communicates with all levels within the company; develops effective networks of peers throughout MPHC
- Prepares, reviews, submits and tracks Executive’s expense reports, credit card reconciliation, mileage reimbursement, and earned time off
- Helps maintain department budget by coding items timely and correctly; has a general understanding of the budget and keeps manager informed of unexpected costs.
- Works collaboratively with the EA team to cover and maintain executive office including phones (8am-5pm), kitchen supply replenishment, meal coordination, and office supply ordering.
- Collaborates closely with peers to understand and enhance the value of the EA role and the Administration Professional role throughout MPHC
- Associate Degree or combination of relevant education and experience. Bachelor Degree preferred.
- 6+ years administrative experience in a business office environment
- 2+ years experience supporting senior level leadership
- Expertise with Outlook calendaring
- Experience in a health care/managed care organization preferred.
- Excellent technology skills and proficiency in MS Office including PowerPoint, Word and Visio.
- Event planning and coordination experience preferred.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and alignment with Martin’s Point Values.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills both with internal and external customers.
- Comfort with all levels of management and employees
- Collaborative and team oriented
- Emotional maturity
- Professional and calm under pressure
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information in a discreet and professional manner.
- Demonstrated organizational skills with a high degree of attention to detail and meeting deadlines to effectively complete projects despite continuous interruptions.
- Forward thinker who can anticipate needs and propose solutions
- Demonstrated experience with Outlook and multiple calendar scheduling.
- Excellent administrative skills including editing and composing of emails, letters, etc.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to prioritize/reprioritize daily work, work independently and complete work in a timely fashion.
- Ability to work outside of traditional hours when necessary.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Do you have a question about careers at Martin’s Point Health Care? Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Martin’s Point Health Care is a progressive, not-for-profit organization providing primary care and health insurance plans to the people of Maine and beyond. The organization owns and operates seven primary care health care centers with over 70 health care providers in Maine and New Hampshire and accepts most major insurance plans. Martin’s Point also administers two health plans: Generations Advantage, the largest Medicare Advantage plan in Maine, and the US Family Health Plan (TRICARE Prime®) for military families and retirees throughout New England. For more information, visit https://careers.martinspoint.org.