Maine Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Patient Service Representative - Call Center
at Maine Medical Center
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 40802
Work Hours: 40
- Position Summary
- The Patient Service Rep in the Call Center serves as the primary point of contact for patients calling with administrative and scheduling matters. The Patient Service Rep answers calls, conducts all interactions with patients and personnel in a courteous, respectful manner while maintaining confidentiality. The person in this role is expected to have exceptional customer service abilities, superb communication skills and strong scheduling ability. The expectation is for documentation to be detailed and accurate. The incumbent is required to conduct all job responsibilities consistent with Maine Health policies, procedures, and to be in compliance with all applicable laws or mandates relating to patient care and business activities.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous medical office and customer service experience preferred.
- Knowledge of customer service principles and techniques.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to communicate calmly and clearly over the telephone.
- Skill in using computer programs and applications to include Epic.
- Skill in conflict resolution.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to maintain a professional manner even under stressful situations.
- Excellent professional judgement and decision-making skills.