Maine Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
OneCall Access Coordinator-Nursing One Call
at Maine Medical Center
Job Status: On Call
Job Reference #: 40719
Work Hours: 0
The position supports the department mission in conveying a caring, competent and professional environment. The OneCall Central (OCC) Coordinator serves as the primary MMC liaison between physicians and transferring facilities to facilitate admissions to MMC. The OCC Coordinator works collaboratively with all appropriate internal staff, including members of the leadership team, OCC staff, nursing administrators, unit charge nurses and access staff to ensure that transfers are appropriate and streamlined. Another primary function is to ensure that bed requests are processed in a timely manner and receive proper bed assignments.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Maine.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing.
- Relevant professional certification preferred. Examples include: Certification in Emergency Nursing (CEN) and Certification in Critical Care Nursing (CCRN).
- Minimum of 8 years of RN experience in ED or ICU setting.
- Consistently meets department standards of quality, safety and productivity.
- Requires high level of independent thinking, interpersonal skills and judgment.
- Identifies improvement opportunities in work processes and contributes to the implementation of improvements.
- Ability to engage and influence staff to complete work in accordance with department and hospital goals and policy.
- Subject matter experts (SME) of department's functions while consistently modeling high standards of practice, accountability and professional attitude.
- Extensive facilitation, customer service, knowledge of acute patient populations, negotiation, problem solving and decision making skills.