Maine Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Nurse Manager (RN)-General Surgery/Operating Room
at Maine Medical Center
Work Hours: 40
The Nurse Manager has 24-hour accountability for the provision of nursing services on their unit. S/he is responsible for maintaining systems and procedures that will ensure quality patient care, promote cost effectiveness, educate and support competent nursing practice. The Nurse Manager skills entail coaching, motivating and leading a professional team to provide safe and effective care.
This is a key position for Surgical Services to include oversight of Biddeford OR/PACU and Sanford OR. The incumbent will have responsibility for 40 FTE's. Our Operating Rooms enjoy full staffing, a collaborative team approach and a positive work environment. Southern Maine Health Care works in close partnership with other MaineHealth campuses which provides support and training opportunites.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
1. Bachelor of Science in Nursing desired; Masters in Nursing preferred.
2. Current registered nurse licensure by the Maine State Board of Nursing. Operating Room RN experience is required.
3. Certification in Nursing leadership is desired.
4. Prior Leadership/Management experience preferred.
5. Strong customer service and communication skills required.
6. Extensive interaction with physicians, intra- and interdepartmental staff members, patient and family members, office staff and professional organizations outside the hospital setting.
7. Visual and mental concentration required for updating policies and practices, performance reviews and coordinating scheduling needs.