Maine Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Assistant-Psychiatric Services
at Maine Medical Center
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 41036
South Portland, ME
Work Hours: 40
- Position Summary
- The Medical Assistant will work collaboratively with Psychiatric Staff providers, Practice Managers and other personnel to carry out the goals and objectives of Maine Behavioral Healthcare according to established policies and procedures. He/She will ensure that client service delivery practices are ethical, competent, respectful of diversity and inclusion, welcoming and geared to customer service satisfaction. The Medical Assistant will be compliant with regulatory, accreditation, contract and best practice standards.
- Preferred skills for this role include knowledege of HIPPA guidelines, POC CLIA testing, medical scribing and terminology. Experince with group sessions a plus!!
- Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Possess and maintain CPR certification.
- Demonstrate use of tact and patience in communication with patients, families and MBH staff.
- Respects and maintains patient confidentiality.
- Maintains a professional appearance and attitude.
- Possess cognitive skills necessary to understanding terminology, medical records and instructions
- Excellent computer skills are required: Microsoft Word, Excel and use of electronic consumer record software