Maine Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Assistant (MA)
at Maine Medical Center
Work Hours: 40
RECENT GRADUATES ENCOURAGED TO APPLY!
Maine Medical Partners’ Urology Department has an exciting opportunity for a motivated Medical Assistant to join their team. The clinical team member we are seeking enjoys a fast-paced environment, education, mentoring, and working with a diverse population. The position brings the benefits of flexible hours as well as clinical and procedural opportunities!
When you join Maine Medical Partners, you may also receive the following perks:
- May be eligible for $3,000 sign-on bonus*
- 3-tier clinical ladder
- The Medical Assistant (MA) is assigned duties and responsibilities related to patient care in a team-based ambulatory practice environment. The MA functions under the license of the provider when performing clinical and other patient care tasks. The MA must demonstrate competency in all skills related to the performance of patient care within their scope of practice and according to organizational policies, accrediting and licensing bodies.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Ability to excel in a team-based care environment.
- Maintain personal and professional records that include evaluation and validation of clinical competence/proficiency, continuing education, and any certification or verification of special skill sets.
- Skill in time management, problem solving, multitasking, prioritizing and medical care coordination.
- Ability to maintain a professional manner.
- Ability to maintain privacy and confidentiality.
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of the electronic medical record.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and medical office procedures.
- As of July 1, 2016, applicants must have graduated from an accredited Medical Assistant program with completion of 160 hours clinical experience acquired through an externship. Acceptable equivalent criteria minimum of 2 years clinical experience in a multi-physician medical practice.
- Certified Medical Assistant or Registered Medical Assistant credentialing preferred.
- Current BLS required.
*Current MaineHealth employees not eligible for the sign on bonus. Must be separated from MaineHealth system for 3 months to be eligible.