Maine Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Environmental Service Worker III
at Maine Medical Center
Work Hours: 24
$2,000 sign-on bonus
- Position Summary
- Team members have a pleasant personality, demonstrate a positive attitude and the willingness to provide exceptional customer service, and work as part of a team. Customer service includes working closely with their leaders and teammates, to ensure that standards of cleanliness and safety are achieved in every area of the hospital. All interactions with staff, patients and family are carried out with high regard for respect and confidentiality. This position performs a variety of project cleaning tasks to maintain patient rooms, offices, hallways and other assigned areas of the hospital. The tasks include the preventive, corrective and salvage cleaning processes for ceiling, wall and floor care in a variety of difficult and demanding patient settings, which may include precaution rooms for patients with highly communicable illnesses.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- The ability and willingness to provide exceptional customer service 100% of the time.
- The ability to learn and perform the skills required to clean in an occupied healthcare environment.
- Ability to learn and perform cleaning tasks involving multiple steps and a variety of cleaning tools, equipment and chemicals.
- Required to wear uniform and/or personal protective equipment and to work with cleaning chemicals including disinfectants and bleach.
- The ability to read, communicate in English, and basic use of a computer.
- Able to demonstrate advanced skills and knowledge of special cleaning techniques, such as stripping and refinishing floors and shampooing carpeting to achieve the desired result.
- Operate auto scrubber/rotary machine, extractor and other various equipment.
- Must be mechanically inclined for minor repair of equipment used.
- Ability to work independently without constant direct supervision.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Flexibility in work assignments and requirement to work on weekends and holidays.
Current employees and former employees that have been employed within the past 3 months are not eligible for sign-on bonus.