Maine Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Employment Specialist IV - Vocational Services
at Maine Medical Center
Work Hours: 40
- Position Summary (Position Located in Lewiston, Maine)
Principal responsibilities are assisting persons with complex disabilities to find and keep employment. The ES operates as a member of the mental health treatment team and works in collaboration with Community Integration (Adult Case Management) and/or Behavioral Health Home Services. Employee will utilize rehabilitation and supported employment technologies in the career development of an individual. Also serves as a liaison to businesses, developing employer and community relationships in the assigned area. This position is based at Common Ties in Lewiston and functions with considerable independence. Regional travel is required.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Must be able to communicate and contribute in an interdisciplinary team setting.
- M.A. or M.S. in Education and/or Counseling (specialty in rehabilitation and/or career counseling), or a B.A. in a related field with at least five (5) years’ experience in supported employment.
- C.R.C. (Certified Rehabilitation Counselor) and/or DMH Employment Specialist Certification, or intent to obtain certification.
- Knowledge and background: counseling theory, physical and psychological effects of psychiatric disability, socio-economic effects of psychiatric disability, occupational analysis, vocational evaluation and training, and job development. Reflected in one to two years’ experience.
- Working knowledge of community, service agencies (local and state), federal agencies, financial benefit programs (SS, SSDI, Worker's Compensation).
- Knowledge of ADA and other employment/disability legislation; i.e. education, employment, accessibility, consumer rights, etc.
- Must demonstrate technical writing ability specific to the rehabilitation field.
- Must be able to complete career development plans with consumers' and family involvement.