Maine Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Clinical Nurse (RN) II- Operating Room (Bramhall Street Campus)
at Maine Medical Center
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 39420
Categories: Healthcare - RNs & Nurse Management
Work Hours: 36-40
- Position Summary
- The Clinical Nurse supports Maine Medical Center's mission, vision, and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence, competence, collaboration, innovation, respect, patient and family centered care, commitment to our community, and accountability. In accordance with national standards of nursing practice and within the guidelines and policies and procedures of both Maine Medical Center and the Maine State Board of Nursing, the Clinical Nurse is responsible for assessment, diagnosis, outcome identification, planning, implementation, documentation, and evaluation of the effects of nursing care. Care delivery and coordination of patient and family care begins with the initial contact with the health care system and may continue across the continuum. Services may be provided on an inpatient, outpatient, ambulatory, and/or community basis.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Current license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in the state of Maine.
- Demonstrated competency in applying evidence based knowledge, theory, practices, principles, and processes of professional nursing.
- Completion of level I, usually achieved within 12 months. Prior Operating Room RN experience is required.
- Evidence of 10 hours of ongoing education per year.
- Interpersonal and communication skills to interact effectively with patients, families, and health care team members.
- Knowledge of standards, policies, procedures, and organizational structure of the unit, the Department of Nursing, and Maine Medical Center.
- Ability to identify potential crisis situations involving patients and/or families and to initiate appropriate action.
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing is preferred. Must matriculate to a BSN within one year of hire with completion attained within five years of hire.