Maine Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Care Management Social Worker
at Maine Medical Center
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 38530
Categories: Non-Profit/Social Services, Healthcare - Support Services, Management - Mid-Level (Manager, Director)
Work Hours: 20
- Position Summary
- The Social Worker's role involves assessing the emotional, social, and environmental needs of patients / clients, their families and caregivers. The Social Worker will facilitate discussions regarding options, as they relate to complex situations. He / She will provide information and referrals for community resources in cooperation with the caregivers; and may assist with the transition of care and/or discharge planning. Incumbent may coordinate medical, educational and community-based support services. This work is performed under general supervision in accordance with Maine Medical Center (MMC) institutional policies and departmental policies.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Approximately two years on the job experience in a hospital setting preferred in order to consolidate knowledge of community resources and skills in assisting people to make major decisions while acutely or chronically ill.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Master of Social Work from an accredited school; Bachelor's in Social work and Master's in a related healthcare field.
- Maintains a relatively high level of analytical skills in order to resolve complex psychosocial problems associated with illness.
- Ability to concentrate and demonstrate attention to details when interviewing patients and providing preparing discharge plans for placement / alternative living arrangements, maintaining records and the like.
- Ability to communicate effectively, and work collaboratively with all members of the multidisciplinary healthcare team.