Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Truck Driver-Class A **$300 Sign On Bonus
at Goodwill NNE
Are you looking for a career with a good work life balance? As a Class A truck driver at Goodwill NNE you can be home every night to be with your family - no overnights! Our drivers deliver and pick up at the same locations daily and there is no handling of cargo - drop, hook and go! Drive short distance runs and use newer equipment.
In addition to employment that is fulfilling, meaningful and supportive, Goodwill employees also receive:
- 30% employee discounts at Goodwill stores in Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont
- Valuable job training with growth potential.
- Access to internal job lists for advancement opportunities.
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
- Paid Short & Long Disability Plan
- Generous paid time off plan
- Holiday pay
- 403b retirement plan
- Discounts on personal cell phone plans
- Local community discounts
Wages commensurate with experience.
- Collects, transports, and/or delivers goods to various Agency retail stores, processing sites, and salvage operations.
- Represents the Agency in all interactions with other members of the Goodwill community and with the general public, supporting the agency Vision of creating sustainable communities that thrive through the fullest participation of their diverse residents.
- Furthers the organizational commitment to triple bottom line results: integrating social, economic and environmental goals into thinking, planning and actions.
- Drives Agency trucks and Tractor Trailer with up to 53’ box, delivers and or picks up product at specified destination(s) in a courteous and responsible manner.
- Maintains contact with supervisor to receive delivery instructions as necessary.
- Obtains and maintains a powered industrial truck license.
- Maintains neat and clean donation sites in order to portray positive image of Goodwill.
- Inspects truck and tractor components such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, and water on daily basis; follows truck maintenance schedule; assures that truck is properly cleaned.
- Subject to random drug and alcohol testing and requires an annual DOT physical.
- Loads and unloads both trucks and tractor trailers and secures cargo before and during transit as necessary.
- Maintains accurate mileage and time logs according to state and federal regulations, as well as Agency procedures. Including accurately maintain mileage driven in any state outside of the state of Maine.
- Operates baler, filling, compressing, tying off and moving bales of materials to assigned storage areas when needed as well as operates a forklift in safe and efficient manner as needed.
- Performs daily maintenance on forklift an trucks as needed.