Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Direct Support Professional FT ** $300 Sign-On Bonus
at Goodwill NNE
*** Full-Time $300 Sign-On Bonus ***
Looking to start a new career? Have you thought about health care? Goodwill is hiring Direct Support Professionals (DSPs), paid training provided, no experience needed! DSPs work in one of our residential home programs -- there are multiple shift options, so plenty of flexibility to support a positive work-life balance. And, at Goodwill, there is a clear career path for DSPs, as well!
As a DSP, you support people to live independently -- helping cook meals and other household upkeep, assisting residents with personal hygiene, interpersonal skills and transporting them to community events. No two days are ever the same. If you are looking to start an exciting health care career in a non-profit that helps to make a difference in people’s lives, then this position is for you!
First, second and third shift schedules available at our Freeport, Maine location!
Full-time is 32-40 hours per week. Paid training and professional growth potential!
Current available positions include the following shifts:
- Tues/Thur/Fri/Sat/Sun: 11pm-7am (40 hours)
- Fri/Sat: 10am-10pm (24 hours)
- Fri/Sat/Sun/Mon: 11pm-7am (32 hours)
In addition to employment that is fulfilling, meaningful and supportive, Goodwill employees also receive:
- Medical, Vision, Dental & Flex Spending offered
- 403(b) retirement plan with employer match
- Paid Short & Long Term Disability
- Paid Life Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off Plan
- Paid Holidays
- 30% Employee discount at Goodwill stores in ME, NH & VT
- Valuable job training with growth potential
- Discount on personal cell phone plans
- Local community discounts
Starting at $11.50-$12.50, depending on experience
- Supports service recipients associated with Goodwill’s Residential and Community Support programs.
- Represents the Agency in all interactions with other members of the Goodwill community and with the general public, supporting the agency Vision of creating sustainable communities that thrive through the fullest participation of their diverse residents.
- Furthers the organizational commitment to triple bottom line results: integrating social, economic and environmental goals into thinking, planning and actions.
- In accordance with the service plan, serves as a model and provides hands-on support and direct teaching in areas including, but not limited to, interpersonal skills, financial management skills, personal care and hygiene, activities of daily living, and access to community services and leisure opportunities
- Communicates effectively and courteously when dealing with service recipients, parents, guardians and other interested parties
- Moderates verbal or emotional incidents through intervention techniques that preserve the dignity and safety of the service recipients
- Documents observations concerning group and individual interactions, progress and participation of the service recipient in the approved plan
- Completes all required documentation in accordance with program standards
- Accompanies and transports the individual to appointments, community outings and services
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Reliable transportation and automobile insurance that meets minimum state requirements.
- Criminal background check to meet agency requirements.
- High school diploma/GED.
- The ability to stand or sit for long periods of time. Perform range of motion tasks that include but not limited to; reaching, bending, stretching and stooping
- Ability to lift up to fifty (50) pounds and push 175 pounds