Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Goodwill NNE
Feel good about where you work!
Goodwill Northern New England is an influential social enterprise that creates jobs, delivers needed services for people with diverse challenges, and uses environmentally friendly products and processes — all while earning revenue to pay for and expand innovative workforce services in Maine, New Hampshire and northern Vermont. We operate retail stores, employment services, neuro rehabilitation centers, residences for people needing 24/7 support and cleaning/property services.
Goodwill Northern New England — good works here!
In addition to employment that is fulfilling, meaningful and supportive, Goodwill employees also receive:
- Medical, Dental, Life and Vision insurance offered
- 403(b) retirement plan with employer match
- Paid Short & Long Term Disability
- Generous Paid Time Off Plan
- Paid Holidays
- 30% Employee discount at Goodwill stores in ME, NH & VT
- Valuable job training with growth potential
- Discount on personal cell phone plans
- Local community discounts
The Career Advisor:
- Works with youth incarcerated at the Long Creek Youth Facility and youth reintegrating into the community to assess work related abilities, skills and knowledge while assisting the client in developing and carrying out a personal plan which may include resume writing, interviewing, and financial stability strategies. Builds and maintains partnership with referral providers of work related services. Provides job assessments and employment opportunities for customers as outlined in their personal plan. Establishes and maintains connections and relationships with community businesses to promote and further the Agencies services.
- Represents the Agency in all interactions with other members of the Goodwill community and with the general public, supporting the agency Vision of creating sustainable communities that thrive through the fullest participation of their diverse residents.
- Furthers the organizational commitment to triple bottom line results: integrating social, economic and environmental goals into thinking, planning and actions.
- Develops and provides work related assessments of personal aptitude, abilities, skills and knowledge.
- Coordinates services for participants with other internal and external programs, service providers, community organizations and training providers.
- Connects customers with potential employers and communicates extensively with Career Prep Team and Department of Corrections Partners.
- Initiates and maintains ongoing personal contacts with a variety of relevant businesses to promoting programs for customer placement; locates jobs for customers.
- Solid working knowledge of positive work behaviors and skills, job development and coaching techniques.
- Basic knowledge of Labor Market Information and knowledge of referral providers of work related services.
- Compares and contrasts training programs and providers to ensure most efficient and highest quality occupational skills training for customers.
- Knowledge of the Juvenile Justice System a plus.
- Prepares and maintains accurate customer case notes, personal plans, progress summaries, progress notes and other documentation as needed.
- May be responsible for Agency Purchase card at the discretion of the supervisor.
- BA/BS in business, human services, human relations or other related fields
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Valid driver’s license permitting operation of a vehicle with a safe driving record
- Criminal background check that meets Agency standards