Northern Light Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
PHYSICAL THERAPIST-TAMC ARG - Physical Therapy ARG
at Northern Light Health
The Aroostook Medical Center
Physical Therapy ARG
Casual Part Time (TAMC)
Contact: Gina Ritchie
GENERAL DESCRIPTION/STATEMENT: A staff physical therapist is responsible for applying physical therapy practice while providing skilled physical therapy services to patients throughout The Aroostook Medical Center's acute care floors, Acute Rehab, swing beds, skilled nursing floors, outpatients at ARG & AHC. Physical therapy means the evaluation, treatment and instruction of human beings to detect, assess, prevent, correct, alleviate and limit physical disability, bodily malfunction and pain from injury, disease and any other bodily condition; the administration, interpretation and evaluation of tests and measurements of bodily functions and structures for the purpose of treatment planning; the planning, administration, evaluation and modification of treatment and instruction; and the use of physical agents and procedures, activities and devices for preventive and therapeutic purposes; and the provision of consultative, educational and other advisory services for the purpose of reducing the incidence and severity of physical disability, bodily malfunction and pain. S/he will have demonstrated adequacy of being prepared to provide these services through the rigorous academic training of an accredited Physical Therapy school, having successfully completed clinical training at accredited sites, sat for and passed APTA national registry exam and obtained a license to practice Physical Therapy in the State of Maine or granted a license to practice as a graduate PT. These professionals are expected to see patients and use their professional and clinical judgment in all aspects of care, from critical care patients to general outpatient care. S/he must demonstrate the ability to multi task and provide the highest quality of care to our patients, while recognizing the value and dignity of the individual. S/he will be expected to supervise clinical PT/PTA students throughout the year.
1. Assesses patient's functional deficits, plans treatment and implements treatment in an appropriate manner in compliance with standards of professional practice.
2. Clinically examine, diagnose, and then prevent or treat conditions that limit the body's ability to move and function in daily life.
3. Participates in recruitment of new therapists.
4. Attends appropriate team meetings and communicates/collaborates with other team members, individuals, family members or caregivers.
5. Terminates treatment when maximal benefits have been attained as well as developing appropriate discharge plans.
6. Maintains records and documentation as required by practice setting, third party payers and regulatory agencies.
7. Schedules and prioritizes own workload.
8. Monitors own performance and identifies own supervisory needs
9. Functions according to the American Physical Therapy Association Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice of the profession.
10. Supervise support staff.
11. Supervise students on clinical rotations from schools that TAMC has a contract with.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES: Performs other work related duties as assigned.
LICENSE REQUIREMENTS: Maine State licensure as a physical therapist is required.
AVAILABILITY REQUIREMENTS: Monday through Friday approximate hours 8-4:30 as this is a salaried position, weekend rotation to cover acute care clients.
EDUCATION SKILLS, EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
1. A masters or a clinical doctorate degree is required from an accredited physical therapy program
2. Taking and passing, the Federation of State Boards of Physical Therapy ("FSBPT"), the national licensure examination that determines fitness to practice as a physical therapist
3. Maine State licensure as a physical therapist is required.
4. If trained in another country, must satisfactorily meet State of Maine Licensure requirements and FSBPT.
5. BLS certification