Northern Light Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Group Financial Analyst-Int - Financial Planning
at Northern Light Health
The Intermediate Financial Analyst provides a range of services in the Corporate Resource Center of a multi-hospital integrated health system, employing almost 10,000 staff, which serves a large rural region of northern and eastern Maine and urban Portland Maine. This professional works in a team to offer Financial Planning services, including annual operating budget, capital planning and budgets, long range financial forecasts, and business plans. Collaborates with Home Office and Member staff to achieve best practice processes. The Intermediate Financial Analyst will work closely with the System Director of Financial Planning to support the needs of the Vice President Capital Planning and Assistant Treasurer, Vice President System Controller, Senior Vice President Treasurer and Chief Financial Officer and internal and external clients related to EMHS. In this role, the Intermediate Financial Planning Analyst must demonstrate and promote excellent customer service, responsiveness, oral and written communication, accurate and supported analysis, and project management skills.
The Intermediate Financial Analyst will support the development of the operating budget, ongoing system maintenance and variance reporting. The Intermediate Financial Analyst may be directed to perform the following duties.
· Support the Director in implementing the budget calendar and providing analysis used to develop annual budget targets.
· Serve as in-house expert, super-user and trainer on the operating budget system, including data links with Lawson and other systems, validation, budget development and variance reporting.
· Stay up to date with Financial Planning software structure and detailed data elements. Participates in software upgrade testing and documents results. Recommends options if issues arise. Assists with implementation and deployment of new software functionality.
· Support the completion of system wide budgets; educate Member staff organizations and assist with problem solving related to operating budget development.
· Complete the monthly processing tasks in a timely manner to ensure that the standard reports and dashboards from the financial decision support system are published within the expected timeframe.
· Assist with consolidating reports and intercompany account reconciliation
· Accurately generate forecasts and analyze trends in revenues and expenses.
· Compile and maintain documentation to support projections.
· Proactively monitor internal trends to identify risks and opportunities across revenue and expenses.
· Collaborate with cross-functional teams in conjunction with budgeting and forecasting process.
· Monitor results of key strategic initiatives to ensure cost benefit projections are being achieved or plans are adjusted accordingly. Prepares monthly budget spread reports and analysis.
· Prepare monthly budget versus actual analyses based on determined criteria.
· Develop Operating Budget reports for Finance Committee and Board review
· Perform other operating budget duties as assigned
The Intermediate Financial Analyst will support the development of the capital budget, ongoing system maintenance and materials needed for the decision making process. The Intermediate Financial Analyst may be directed to perform the following duties.
· Provide analytical support to the Capital Review Committee which oversees capital allocations and approvals and post-implementation reviews. Prepare cost benefit analysis of capital projects.
· Assist with Capital Budget reports for Finance Committee and Board review
· Compile and analyze capital budget expenditures
· Develop capital budget limits and targets
· Perform other capital budget duties as assigned
Financial Planning Services
The Intermediate Financial Analyst will support the development of the long range financial forecast, ongoing system maintenance and related analyses. The Intermediate Financial Analyst may be directed to perform the following duties.
· Assist in the preparation of the long range financial forecast.
· Monitor data for positive and negative business and financial trends and proactively alert Director to potential problems and/or opportunities.
· Integrate new acquisitions, business ventures, and programs into the financial planning processes.
· Develop and present analytical summaries, educational topics, etc., in a professional manner.
· Maintain system-wide policies and procedures related to financial planning.
· Stay current on upgrades and functionality enhancements and ensures that systems are compliant with Information Technology and information Security Office policies and procedures.
· Provide information and assistance to other departments or leaders as needed.
· Perform other financial planning special projects and job duties as assigned.
· Acts as an effective team member with Financial Planning staff.
· Develops professional development goals with Director.
· Completes accurate time tracking information.
Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field plus three (3) years of accounting or financial planning experience...OR associate's degree in Accounting or related field plus seven (7) years of accounting or financial planning experience required.
Other Skills Required:
· Excellent customer service and analytical skills.
· Strong written communication skills required
· Project management.
· Ability to maintain institutional, customer and Financial Planning department confidentiality.
· Experience in working with teams important.
· Oral presentation skills required.
· Demonstrates initiative, a professional attitude and a desire toward self-improvement.
· A working knowledge of financial statement preparation and analysis required.
· Demonstrates knowledge of projection methodologies and relationships between goals and finances.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Powerpoint and Microsoft Access and willingness to keep current with new computer software/technology for the continuous improvement of financial planning processes.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize multiple tasks, and meet deadlines with accuracy and attention to detail.
Physical requirements include the ability to sit and/or stand long periods, light lifting, bending, some walking, hand dexterity sufficient to manage keyboard functions, and visual acuity. Travel will be necessary periodically. Keyboard skills are required.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: Fast paced office environment which can be stressful with multiple deadlines to meet project targets