Eastern Maine Healthcare Systems
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CT Technologist - CT Scan
at Eastern Maine Healthcare Systems
Eastern Maine Medical Center
Maine Radiographer License
1 to 2 years of experience
POSITION SUMMARY: The CT Technologist is responsible for coordinating the patient flow to obtain requested imaging studies in a fast paced environment; will treat patients of all age groups which include infancy, pediatrics, adults and geriatrics.
Brief list of responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
· Order verification/patient verification
· Quality Assurance of the imaging equipment
· May be involved in part of a procedural team
· Knowledgeable of age specific protocols.
· Ability to perform diagnostic and CT procedures in both the inpatient and outpatient environment
· Must maintain general radiography competency to assist with vacation coverage of the night shift
· Flexible to cover a variety of shifts with weekend, holiday and non-restricted call duties required as needed.
Minimum Education Required: Must be a graduate of an accredited Radiography program, certified by the ARRT(N) and hold a valid Maine License.
Minimum Experience Required:
· 1 year experience in the clinical environment.
· CT certified within 2 years of hire
· Must maintain current certification(s) and licensure through continuing education.
· Must obtain IV certification and operate the pressure injector.
Preferred Experience: CT certification preferred. IV certification - excellent skill appreciated.
Other Skills Required: Ability to treat patients of all age groups and is knowledgeable about development needs across the span, and appropriate age-specific equipment.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to hear and verbally communicate with patients, family members, physicians, healthcare professionals, department staff, students, etc. Must be able to wear lead apron (approx. 10#) for long periods of time. Must be able to stand/walk up to 95% of shift. Must possess dexterity to manipulate large/small objects. Must possess the degree of total body strength and flexibility necessary to move equipment and assist patients with personal hygiene and mobility. Must assist those patients with limited mobility or those requiring total care. Must be able to reach items on the floor, stretch to reach overhead equipment to a height of 5 feet above ground level, and reach across a stretcher to a distance of 25 inches. Must be able to lift a minimum of 45 lbs. to a height 3 feet above ground level. Must be able to stand 85% of the time. Must possess dexterity to manipulate large/small objects, use a computer keyboard, push/turn various size knobs on equipment, and use writing implements. Must be able to move within narrow, confined areas, etc. Must possess hearing and visual acuity necessary to observe the patient, accurately prepare imaging contrast as appropriate and draw patient doses. Must be able to discern information from electronic monitors, patient charts, BW and color monitors, computers, calculators, electronic controls, emergency equipment, patient charts/forms, printed documents, patient ID bands, and equipment manuals. Must be able to work with ionizing radiation. Regular attendance is required.
Working Environment: Must work with video display terminals for up to 80% of an assigned shift. Will work with hazardous materials and equipment. May be exposed to patients with communicable diseases, purulent discharges, and excretions