Eastern Maine Healthcare Systems
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Certified Athletic Trainer - Orthopaedic Surgery of Maine (Orthopedic Clinic)
at Eastern Maine Healthcare Systems
Eastern Maine Medical Center
Orthopaedic Surgery of Maine (Orthopedic Clinic)
Variable between 7-5pm
Job Summary: Provide Athletic Training Services to student athletes under the direction of the team physician or by written referral from a provider in accordance with Maine state athletic training licensure laws. Medical coverage may be given at high schools, middle schools or local colleges. The athletic trainer is responsible for providing athletic training coverage to assigned school(s) with which the Sports Health program has a contract to provide services. Duties include athletic training room coverage, athletic event coverage, and speaking engagements. In addition the ATC may be assisting with day to day operation of the Sports Health program and/or Orthopedics department. ATC may provide coverage for other area recreational events as assigned by the program manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
· Demonstrate an ability to perform the following functions: prevention, assessment, treatment (including first aid) and reconditioning and rehabilitation of injuries as set forth by the NATA Board of Certification (BOC).
· Carry out all prescribed treatments and recommendations made by team/program/event physician.
· Communicate with athletes, parents, athletic director(s), coaches and physicians regarding athletes' playing status and ability to return to competition.
· Coverage of athletic events and related events as assigned by the program manager.
· Work hours could include weekend and/or evening hours.
· Maintain relevant documentation and injury tracking through provided EMR system.
· Order, maintain and inventory supplies and clinical equipment
· Refer athletes for appropriate diagnostic and follow-up procedures with appropriate providers
· Present in-services or provide education to professionals and the community.
· Must have means to travel to assigned school(s) and events by personal vehicle.
· Maintain certifications and licensures by staying current with evidence based practices
· Bachelor's degree or nearing completion of degree in science or health related field as required by licensure
· Must have current and/or be eligible for Maine Athletic Trainer license prior to employment.
· Current CPR
Experience Preferred: One or two years in athletic training setting
Other Skills Required:
· Excellent analytical and communication skills
· Ability to exercise independent judgment and initiative.
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
· Computer experience in MS Excel, Word and with electronic medical records is preferred.
· Must be available to work hours/shifts on all seven (7) days per week as needed to meet contractual agreements.
Physical Requirements: Must have the ability to lift 50 pounds
Work Environment: Ability to work flexible hours. Full time 12 months Sunday- Sunday at varied hours based on contractual agreements. Employee will have frequent exposure to environmental conditions and blood borne pathogens.