Eastern Maine Healthcare Systems
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Accountant - Accounting - Corporate
at Eastern Maine Healthcare Systems
Accounting - Corporate
Eastern Maine Healthcare Systems (EMHS) is seeking a qualified person to fill the position of Accountant. EMHS provides financial services to a variety of affiliates and the Accountant will be a key member of the team servicing these EMHS affiliates. Under the direction of the Accounting Manager, the Accountant is responsible for the preparation of journal entries, analyses, financial statements and reports, general and subsidiary ledgers. The Accountant will ensure all assets and liabilities are reconciled in conjunction with each month end closure. This includes reconciling bank account, completing cash-flow statements, assisting with yearly budget and audit, and completing annual tax returns. They must be able to perform a variety of duties ranging from direct involvement in various analyses, to coordination of accounting procedures within the various EMHS organizations.
• Bachelor's degree with a concentration in Accounting or Business Management OR Associate's degree with a concentration in Accounting or Business Management with at least three (3) years of accounting experience required.
Other Skills Required:
• Must possess technical and professional accounting skills including an understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and FASB pronouncements related to capital accounting activity
• Detail oriented
• Demonstrated ability to work well with diverse people, excellent human relation skills.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Ability to prepare written summaries and/or analyses subject to review by the Accounting Manager. Flexible and able to react to ever changing priorities.
• Familiarity with computer capabilities and procedures, including computerized accounting systems, QuickBooks and Microsoft Office products. Proficient with Excel.
• Committed to the position and EMHS - willing to put in the time necessary to meet the needs of customers.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to work at a computer for the majority of the work day.