Dairy Farmers of America, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Warehouse Order Selector- Oakhurst Dairy (PART-TIME OPPORTUNITY)
at Dairy Farmers of America, inc.
Job TitleWarehouse Order Selector- Oakhurst Dairy (PART-TIME OPPORTUNITY)
Join Oakhurst Dairy's exciting and growing team!
It's time to join New England's foremost dairy company with a nearly 100-year history of leadership in the industry. Delivering the Natural Goodness of Maine since 1921, Oakhurst Dairy is a company you can be proud to work for. Located in Portland, Maine, our company is one of New England's key employers offering:
- Local management
- Excellent compensation and benefits and
- Pride in the product you will represent
It's about more than milk -- it's our heartfelt pledge to people throughout New England to honor what Maine stands for -- by offering the purist, freshest, most delicious products, while standing up for what's right, for our customers, for farmers, and for the environment. All of our milk is sourced from local farms in Maine and our facilities meet the highest quality-control standards. We produce fresh wholesome milk and dairy products which are backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
In 2014 Oakhurst was acquired by Dairy Farmers of America (DFA), a national dairy farmer-owned cooperative. Oakhurst is a wholly owned subsidiary of DFA and continues to operate independently.
PART-TIME OPPORTUNITY: Order selectors utilize either hand-held computers or pick-to-light systems to fulfill customer orders.
- The successful candidate will transfer product onto a conveyor which will then be transferred to a platform and loaded onto dollies or floor-loaded onto trailers that are then shipped to customers.
- Individuals are responsible for the safe and efficient loading of products onto trailers.
- Repeated lifting, pushing and pulling of greater than 50 pounds is common practice for this position.
- Hours and days to-be-determined.
- Customer orders are filled every day with the exception Sunday.
- Normal training for this position is approximately 2-3 weeks.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- A self-starter that is accountable and dependable
- Able to adapt to a variety of work and afternoon/evening shifts
- Able to handle cases and stacks of milk for 8-10 hour shifts
- Able to work with limited supervision
- Familiar or desire to learn material handling equipment,including reach truck, forklift, walk behind and riding pallet jacks
- Computer experience is a plus
- Able to work in a cold (refrigerated) environment.