Dairy Farmers of America, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Pasteurizer Operator -FULL-TIME AND PART-TIME OPPORTUNITIES
at Dairy Farmers of America, inc.
Job TitlePasteurizer Operator -FULL-TIME AND PART-TIME OPPORTUNITIES
It's time to join New England's foremost dairy company with a 96-year history of leadership in the industry. Delivering the Natural Goodness of Maine since 1921, Oakhurst Dairy is a company you can be proud to work for. Located in Portland, Maine, our company is one of New England's key employers offering:
* Local management
* Excellent compensation and benefits and
* Pride in the product you will represent
It's about more than milk -- it's our heartfelt pledge to people throughout New England to honor what Maine stands for -- by offering the purist, freshest, most delicious products, while standing up for what's right, for our customers, for farmers, and for the environment. All of our milk is sourced from local farms in Maine and our facilities meet the highest quality-control standards. We produce fresh wholesome milk and dairy products which are backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
In 2014 Oakhurst was acquired by Dairy Farmers of America (DFA), a national dairy farmer-owned cooperative. Oakhurst is a wholly owned subsidiary of DFA and continues to operate independently.
The Pasteurizer Operator is responsible to ensure all SQF, HACCP, Company and Regulatory standards are met or exceeded in their work area at all times.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Operating two HTST presses
- Batching dairy and non-dairy beverage products
- Routine testing of product for quality standards
- Monitors all equipment for compliance to HACCP
- Monitors all products for temperature, processing and cooling, does not operate if temperatures are not correct.
- Ensures that all tanks, lines and fillers are properly cleaned prior to use
- Ensures that all charts and documents meet company, state and federal requirements, (complete, accurate, properly dated, marked and signed etc)
- Keep the HTST room in compliance to regulatory standards
- Process products in a timely manner to be available for packaging as needed.
- Plans product flow to facilitate having an efficient work day and minimize downtime in the plant to a minimum
- Works with bottling floor team members to understand priorities and collaborate on planning to meet operational goals.
- Participates in department improvement initiatives
Minimum Qualifications/Educational Requirements
- High School Diploma
- Minimum of 2 years quality-oriented experience in a production facility
- Able to lift and carry 50 pounds routinely.
- Work in a cold environment
- Good communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Use of hand tools and attention to detail is essential
- Lift floor to chest height 45# - 10X/day
- Reach and twist to remove small (5-20# units) from side or front, arm extended 200X/day