Clough Harbour & Associates (CHA)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Clough Harbour & Associates (CHA)
- Job ID
- # Positions
CHA Architecture is focused on community-based architecture. Our practice is over 40 years old; rooted in community ideals and responsive to the landscape and local architecture. We place a high value on design, and we combine art and science to rethink, refine and reshape the built environment.
CHA Architecture is currently seeking a Specifications Writer for our Portland, ME, Boston, MA, Indianapolis, IN or Albany, NY office.
The Architectural Specification Writer is responsible for working with a team of architects to develop technical specifications, accurately prepare project manuals, and work on assisting with product selections. This individual will work on high profile healthcare, education, and other institutional type projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop specifications; including edits, assembling project manuals, printing and formatting specifications for all disciplines.
- Develop practical and innovative solutions for the built environment.
- Coordinate with team consultants, co-edit sections, and omit duplications and omissions.
- Develop/update in-house masters and other available material.
- Proficient in reading drawings (plans and elevations), details, and specifications.
- Accompany Project Managers in project meetings and other coordination efforts with firm clients and building owners.
- Perform specification edits, assembling Project Manuals, printing and formatting specifications for all disciplines.
- Review and acknowledge standard details.
- Travel outside local area as workload and projects require.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Interior Architecture, Construction Management, or related field preferred or equivalent combination of experience.
- CDT and/or LEED AP accreditation preferred.
- CSI Certification preferred.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- A minimum of 5 years experience in architectural specifications writing required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook, Revit and Adobe Acrobat preferred.
- Experience in K-12, Healthcare, Multifamily Housing & Corporate/Institutional preferred.
- Knowledge of the architecture industry and terminology is preferred.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, as well as listening and interpretation skills.
- Experience writing technical information and/or in a technical industry required.
- Strong verbal communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills are required.
- Experience in assisting teams in researching product materials and manufactures for architectural projects.
- Knowledge of sustainability goals preferred.
CHA takes pride in recruiting, developing and retaining highly talented individuals. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer a comprehensive benefits package and a variety of opportunities for our employees’ professional growth and development.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.