Correct Care Solutions
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Correct Care Solutions
The Clinical Supervisor will provide clinical direction of behavioral health services (with a specific focus on substance use disorder services) under the direction of the Regional Behavioral Health Director to sites within the Maine Department of Corrections. They will provide clinical supervision and direction to behavioral health professionals delivering both mental health and substance use disorder services for inmates. They will also provide behavioral health services consistent with expectations of professional training and experience (e.g., Psychologist). This position is expected to travel to all sites within the Department of Corrections with their primary office location being in Augusta, ME. Psychologist with substance use disorder experience preferred. Will consider a masters level clinician who has an independent license to practice in mental health and a Certified Clinical Supervisor license to provide supervision for substance use disorder clinicians.
Our Clinical Supervisor will provide clinical direction of mental health services provided to inmates at the facility. Provides clinical supervision and direction to mental health professionals. Provides mental health services consistent with expectations of professional training and experience (e.g., Psychologist). Ensures that effective communication is maintained with Facility and CCS staff.
- Doctorate in clinical or counseling psychology from an accredited college or university
- Experience with mental health service delivery systems
- Significant professional experience in the mental health field that indicates knowledge of supervision techniques, peer review, group and individual psychotherapy, diagnosis and treatment of psychological disorders and psychological evaluation techniques
- Licensed to practice psychology in the State by the appropriate state licensing board
- Current CPR Certification
- Any other Certifications (such as First Aid) required by contract
- Responsible to plan, supervise, and coordinate the clinical efforts of mental health staff at the institutional level as directed by the Regional Mental Health Director and/or Corporate Director of Mental Health Services. Responsible to assist with coordination of departmental administrative duties as directed by the Mental Health Coordinator.
- Responsible for the clinical supervision and direction, professional education, and staff development of mental health professionals at the facility and for training of other facility staff regarding mental health issues.
- Responsible to provide clinical and consultation services in accordance with the CCS policies and procedures, policies and procedures of the Facility, and the standards of the American Psychological Association.
- Responsible to perform clinical services as described in the job description of Psychologist.
- Provision of overall clinical supervision and direction to mental health professionals at a major facility, ensuring that relevant ethical and professional standards of care are met. Supervision needs may be met through individual and small group supervision, consultation, case presentations, or other forms of peer supervision.
- The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Other responsibilities may be performed as assigned.