Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- Requisition ID
- Work Location
- Department / Discipline
- Position Type
- Staff / Permanent
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions has a career opportunity for a project Hydrologist with our Portland, ME office. Are you a Hydrologist with 0 - 5 years of experience? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with a global engineering consulting firm that values its employees’ enthusiasm and technical contributions? If so, we encourage you to apply for this opportunity.
- The position initially is approximately 60% field work and 40% office work on industrial, commercial and federal customer sites in New England and the state of New York; Ratio of field work to office work will vary depending upon project and staffing needs
- Will work independently, as well as under the general supervision of Senior staff
- Field activities include: logging of soil borings and rock cores, design and oversight of groundwater monitoring well installations, collection of surface soil, subsurface soil, groundwater, soil vapor, surface-water and sediment samples, as well as documenting sampling activities
- Responsible for collection and interpretation of hydrogeologic data under direction of Senior staff (water level measurements, slug tests, pumping tests)
- Responsible for developing interpretations of groundwater chemical data under direction of Senior staff
- Oversee remediation contractors in the field, and collect data from soil and groundwater remediation systems
- Office activities include analysis and interpretation of analytical results and assistance with the preparation of site assessment reports under the supervision of Senior staff
- Research and summarize scientific articles to be used as references for a literature review
- Prepare work plans and investigation reports, as well as develop tables, maps, and supporting documentation associated with reports
- Conduct field mapping and maintain spreadsheets/databases of chemical results and other data for projects, prepare charts, conduct routine scientific calculations and run computer programs
- Follow company safety standards, participate in safety training, and prepare and implement site safety plans
Skills / Qualifications
- BS Hydrogeology; MS preferred
- 0 to 5 years with hydrogeology and/or geology/environmental field experience
- Relevant Coursework includes: Hydrogeology; Advanced Hydrogeology; Forest and Wetland Hydrology; Groundwater-Surface water Interactions; Contamination Assessment; Sedimentology; Environmental Science; Wetland Soils; Geology; Geochemistry; Geophysics
- 40-hour HAZWOPER OSHA Training, logging soil borings & rock cores, and documenting soil/groundwater/surface water/sediment/soil vapor sampling a plus
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and familiar with technical software such as ArcGIS, MODFLOW, and Aqtesolv
- Must be a self-starter with good written and verbal communication skills; demonstrated experience will be required for candidates chosen for an interview
- Attention to detail and strong time management capabilities required
- Ability and willingness to travel to project sites in New England and New York; must be able to lift and carry environmental samples and field equipment (up to 50 pounds)
- Must pass drug test, physical, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Wood driving (MVR) policy
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of around $10 billion. We provide performance driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!