Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Civil Design Engineer
- Requisition ID
- Work Location
- Department / Discipline
- Engineering - Civil
- Position Type
- Staff / Permanent
- Professional & Technical
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions’ Portland Design Center is seeking a junior to midlevel to Project Civil Design Engineer to carry out engineering design on multi-discipline design projects. The Design Center is a multi-disciplinary engineering/architecture team with 75 engineers, architects, surveyors, designers and support staff. Wood offers the opportunity to work on technically challenging projects for a wide range of clients throughout the US from the relaxed environment of Portland, Maine, a small, vibrant city.
- Work within multidiscipline design teams on wide variety of civil and civil/environmental projects, including site development, infrastructure, landfills, stream restoration, soil and groundwater remediation
- Prepare engineering design calculations and design reports
- Must have AutoCAD Civil3D knowledge for developing surface models and earthwork quantities
- Preparation of project permitting documents for local, state and federal permits
- Perform construction inspection and oversight activities
- Interact with coworkers, clients, and prospective clients while conducting work in a professional and ethical manner
- Must have ability and willingness to travel to project sites - approximately 20% overnight travel
Skills / Qualifications
- BS or MS degree in civil engineering, environmental engineering or related field.
- 4-10 years civil/environmental design experience
- Will consider top candidates with less experience
- Engineering In Training (EIT) certificate
- PE or ability to obtain PE registration within 2 to 3 years
- AutoCAD Civil3D knowledge and experience
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER Training is a plus
- Ability to read, comprehend, and prepare construction drawings and technical specifications
- Grading and drainage design and stormwater modeling experience
- Erosion and sediment control and stormwater permitting experience
- Knowledge of materials of construction and developing construction details
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written, and organizational abilities
- Willingness to accept responsibility and additional support tasks
- Strong dedication to maintaining a safe work environment and promoting company safety culture.
- Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours if/as required
- Ability and willingness to perform field work and construction inspections
- Possible travel to project sites - Approximately 20% overnight travel
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
- Majority of work is completed in office/administrative environment; may involve exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently to move objects, including the human body
- Close, distance, and peripheral vision; normal auditory function
- Must complete employment physical demonstrating ability to meet job requirements, including the ability to wear a respirator, as required
- Completion of annual or bi-annual employment physical, as required
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com?
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!