Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Project Manager
- Requisition ID
- Work Location
- Department / Discipline
- Additional Work Location
- US-CT-Rocky Hill
- Position Type
- Staff / Permanent
- Professional & Technical
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking an Assistant Project Manager to join our Portland, ME team and will reside in either the Portland, ME or Rocky Hill, CT office. The successful candidate will act as an assistant project manager for commercial clients primarily in the northeast. Projects generally include delivery of investigation and remediation projects at contaminated Sites.
- Resource to the project manager and owner and may serve as a point of contact for addressing project-related questions, changes in scope of work, quality concerns or project delays
- Project and budget management including resource management and oversight
- Managing and coordinating project teams, including ensuring the technical quality of deliverables
- Collaboration and participation in technical discussions with team members
- Participate in proposal efforts
- Full engagement in project responsibilities and working closely with project manager to ensure timeliness of regulatory submittals and client satisfaction
- Will travel to project sites mostly in the northeast region
Skills / Qualifications
- BS or MS in Engineering, Geology or Environmental Science preferred, but not required
- 4 - 6 years + task management or assistant project management experience in a consulting environment
- Good communication, report writing and presentation skills in English
- Superior time management, planning and ability to interact with clients
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with a team
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, and Outlook
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com?
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!