Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Software Engineer - Public Health (Remote or Onsite)
at Altarum Institute
- # Positions
- Always Considering
Altarum Institute, a nonprofit systems research and consulting organization serving government and private sector clients, is pleased to announce an opening for a software engineer within the Center for Connected Health. The Center for Connected Health advances population health management and healthcare delivery through the development of novel applications and health information exchange and interoperability solutions.
As a software engineer at Altarum, you will have the opportunity to make important software and web development contributions to multiple healthcare projects such as java based web applications for public health, clinical decision support tools, EHR integration, and mobile applications. You’ll report to a Center Director, and work in an Agile environment alongside a team of Software Developers, Business Analysts, and Public Health Analysts in our Portland, ME office. This position will also work closely with colleagues at our national headquarters in Ann Arbor, MI.
Currently, we are looking for full-stack java developers who are experienced in Java, Spring, Hiberate, Angular 2, Oracle, XML, JSON, and XSLT.
- UX/UI development
- Integration / interface work using XML and FHIR
- Optimize the web front end for maximum speed and scalability
- While maintaining current production code, you must demonstrate a willingness to step into new roles and learn new technologies quickly
- Be innovative and share ideas as we evaluate new or alternative data processing techniques to determine their usefulness in meeting project needs and deadlines
- BS or MS degree in computer science; 2+ years of experience working on Java applications, strong knowledge of Object Orientated Programming, and experience with multiple databases.
- Enjoy working with a dynamic team, flexible and possess a good foundation of software development skills.
- Experience working with database, Java, Responsive design, Cross-browser, cross-platform, cross-device functionality other web technologies like PHP, ASP, VB, JSP, etc.) is highly desired
- Experience with design and implementation of sites, workflows and dashboards
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, and a quick learner. You should have a broad base of software development experience, and be interested in continuing to grow technically via hands on experience and learning
Altarum Institute (Altarum) is a nonprofit organization headquartered in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Altarum creates and implements solutions to advance health among vulnerable and publicly insured populations. Public sector clients include the U.S. Department of Defense, Department of Health and Human Services, Department of Agriculture, Department of Veterans Affairs, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, and various state agencies nationwide. Altarum also serves clients in the philanthropic and private sectors. Areas of expertise include health data and analytics; value-based care; public health systems design, development and information exchange; behavioral health and substance use disorders; childhood and adolescent health; medical education; food and nutrition; consumer engagement; elder care; health disparities and equity; and military and veterans’ health.
In addition to the meaningful and challenging work, Altarum offers an outstanding benefits program that includes paid time off, tuition reimbursement, 401k (5% employer contribution), a flexible work environment, and much more. We invite you to explore exciting and rewarding career opportunities with us.
Altarum provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.